Expires 6:32 PM PST on November 26, 2014
Statement as of 4:16 am PST on November 26, 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the stillaguamish river at Arlington
* until this evening.
* At 3:54 am Wednesday the stage was 14.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring.
* Forecast... the river will crest at 15.2 feet at 6 am Wednesday and
fall below flood stage late this morning.
* Impact... at 14.0 feet... the stillaguamish river will locally spill
over its banks. Minor flooding around Silvana will occur...
including over Pioneer Highway. A stage of 14 feet on the
stillaguamish river corresponds roughly to phase 2 in the Snohomish
County flood program.
Lat... Lon 4816 12211 4817 12223 4816 12237 4826 12240 4823 12224
Areal Flood Watch
Expires 6:00 PM PST on November 28, 2014
Statement as of 4:01 am PST on November 26, 2014
... Flood Watch now in effect through Friday afternoon...
The Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of western Washington... including the following
counties... Skagit... Whatcom... King... Lewis... Pierce...
* through Friday afternoon
* in the short term... flooding continues early this morning on the
Cowlitz... Snoqualmie... and stillaguamish rivers. In
addition... several rivers could still reach flood stage today including
the Skykomish... Snohomish... and Nooksack.
* The next concern is a vigorous frontal system that will bring
another 3 to 5 inches of rain to the Olympics and Cascades
tonight through Thursday night. The snow level will be 5500 to
* The rain could result in flooding on any of the flood-prone
rivers that flow off the west slopes of the Cascades. This
includes but is not limited to the Cowlitz... Deschutes... The
Reach of the Puyallup near Orting... white... green... Snoqualmie...
tolt... Skykomish... Snohomish... stillaguamish... Skagit... and
Nooksack rivers. Of course many of these rivers are already
running high... and they will have little time to recede before
heavy rain arrives tonight and Thursday.
* Given the rainfall amounts that are expected... major flooding is
Monitor the weather and be ready to act quickly if flooding is
observed or more warnings are issued.
Statement as of 12:28 am PST on November 26, 2014
... Record high temperature set at Seattle WA WFO...
a record high temperature of 57 degrees was set at Seattle WA WFO
yesterday. This breaks the old record of 55 set in 2009.