Winter Weather Advisory
Expires 11:00 AM MST on January 19, 2017
Statement as of 3:13 PM MST on January 18, 2017
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 11 am MST
* snow amounts... highly variable. 2 to 6 inches in the Treasure
valley... mainly through midnight as the snow will mix with or
change to freezing rain and/or rain after midnight. 4 to 8
inches of snow along with a chance of freezing rain in the lower
elevations of the Boise Mountains... with up to a foot of snow in
the higher elevations. 2 to 5 inches in the Owyhee Mountains...
with a chance of rain or freezing rain in the lower elevations.
* Snow levels... valley floors... rising to between 3500 and 4500
feet by tonight... except in the Treasure valley where snow
levels will remain near valley floors.
* Winds... southeast 5 to 15 mph... except 15 to 25 mph east of
* Timing... snow will continue this evening and overnight... and
possibly mix with or change to freezing rain and/or rain in some
valley locations through Thursday.
* Impacts... travel hazard due to snow and then significant slush.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while