Winter Storm Warning
Expires 7:00 AM EST on November 27, 2014
Statement as of 3:14 PM EST on November 25, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 am Wednesday to
7 am EST Thursday...
* locations... include northeast Connecticut... as well as portions
of eastern and northeastern Massachusetts... and southern New
* Hazard types... heavy snow.
* Accumulations... ranging around 6 to 8 inches with a trace of ice.
* Timing... rain perhaps initially beginning around daybreak
changing over to all snow towards midday mainly north and west a
line from northeast CT to northeast MA. Between this area and
west of the I-95 corridor could see initial rain change to a
wintry mix of snow and sleet by midday into afternoon before
changing to all snow by evening. Snow tapers off into Thursday
* Impacts... this storm will significantly impact Holiday travel
making driving dangerous at times. Visibilities in heavy snow
expected to be significantly reduced to one quarter mile or less
* Visibilities... one quarter of a mile or less at times.
* Winds... north 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
A Winter Storm Warning is issued when an average of 6 or more
inches of snow is expected in a 12 hour period... or for 8 or more
inches in a 24 hour period. Travel will be slow at best on well
treated surfaces... and quite difficult on any unplowed or