Winter Weather Advisory
Expires 6:00 AM EST on December 07, 2013
Statement as of 3:50 PM EST on December 6, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 6 am EST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and sleet... which is in effect until 6
am EST Saturday.
* Locations... northwest Connecticut into central Massachusetts.
This includes the cities and towns of Hartford... Windsor
Locks... Union... Vernon... Framingham... Lowell... Springfield...
Milford and Worcester.
* Hazard types... snow and sleet.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches... along with
around a trace of ice.
* Uncertainty... if the changeover to snow is delayed by a few
hours less snowfall would occur. Conversely once the changeover
commences a burst of heavier snow is possible and would result
in locally higher amounts.
* Timing... rain will quickly change to sleet then snow between 10
PM and 1 am. Brief heavy snow is possible overnight.
* Impacts... snow covered roads will result in hazardous driving
* Winds... north 5 to 10 mph.
* Visibilities... one quarter to one half mile at times.
* Temperatures... dropping into the lower 30s.
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is
forecast to develop in the affected areas... but accumulations are
expected to be light. Any snow or ice would make driving and
walking difficult... but not impossible... on untreated roadways
and sidewalks. When temperatures are below freezing... motorists
need to be especially careful on bridges and overpasses where
slippery spots can easily develop.