Winter Weather Advisory
Expires 1:00 PM EST on December 12, 2016
Statement as of 4:02 am EST on December 11, 2016
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 7 PM this evening to
1 PM EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and a mix of light ice... which is in
effect from 7 PM this evening to 1 PM EST Monday.
* Locations... northern Rhode Island, as well as portions of
Norfolk County in Massachusetts.
* Hazard types... light snow and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches... along with
around up to a tenth of inch of ice.
* Timing... snow will begin overnight, with the changeover to
freezing rain occurring during the early morning hours. The
freezing rain will transition to straight rain thereafter.
* Impacts... the mix of light snow accumulations and freezing rain
will lead to hazardous conditions especially on untreated
* Visibilities... one quarter to one half mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
For the latest updates... please visit our webpage at
You can follow US on facebook at