Fire Weather Warning
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on June 18, 2013
Statement as of 2:42 PM MST on June 17, 2013/
... Red flag warning in effect from 2 PM to 8 PM Tuesday for strong
winds and low relative humidity for fire weather zones
102... 460... 461 and 462...
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a red flag
warning for strong winds and low relative humidity... which is in
effect from 2 PM to 8 PM Tuesday.
* Affected area... in Arizona... fire weather zone 102 northwest
deserts/northwest plateau. In Nevada... fire weather zone 460
Esmeralda and Nye County deserts/cnc dispatch... fire weather
zone 461 Lincoln County/Ely dispatch and fire weather zone 462
Nye County deserts/Las Vegas dispatch.
* Timing... gusty southwest winds will develop Tuesday afternoon and
persist into the evening hours before diminishing by late evening.
* Wind... southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
* Humidity... minimum values of 10 to 15 percent can be expected in
the mountains with 5 to 10 percent in the lower elevations.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds... low relative humidity and
dry fuels can create conditions that are favorable for extreme
A red flag warning means critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring or imminent. Please advise the appropriate fire
weather officials in the field of this red flag warning.