Winter Weather Advisory
Expires 1:00 PM EST on January 21, 2017
Statement as of 2:31 PM PST on January 18, 2017
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 7 PM this
evening to 10 am PST Saturday...
* timing... snow will begin late this evening... peak during the day
Thursday... then taper off Thursday evening. After a break Thursday
night... snow will begin increasing Friday morning... peak Friday
evening... then taper off again Saturday morning
* snow level... falling to 4000 feet.
* Total snow accumulations... for the first storm... trace to 4
inches above 5000 feet... 3 to 7 inches above 6000 feet... 6 to 12
inches above 8000 feet. Similar storm totals are expected again
with the second system on Friday.
* Winds... south 15 to 25 mph with gusts 30 to 40 mph.
* Impacts... snowfall will create difficult travel conditions in
the mountains due to slick roads and low visibility. Road
restrictions or closures may be needed. This includes U.S.
Highway 93 north of Caliente.
Check Road conditions before departing and stay up to date on the
latest forecast. Use caution when traveling... be prepared for
snow covered roads and limited visibilities.