Winter Weather Advisory
Expires 10:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
Statement as of 11:30 am EST on March 5, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM EST this
* locations... portions of northwest Georgia... roughly along and
north of a line from Rome to Calhoun to Dawsonville.
* Hazard types... a mix of sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... less than a quarter inch of sleet. Icing between
one and two tenths of an inch at the higher elevations... while
only a trace to a couple hundredths of icing is expected at the
* Timing... until 10 PM this evening.
* Impacts... sleet and ice accumulations on roadways and
especially elevated surfaces may result in hazardous travel
conditions. Light accumulations of ice in trees may cause some
limbs to fall and could result in isolated power outages.
Additionally... black ice could be a concern across the
advisory area Thursday night into Friday morning.
* Temperatures... temperatures above freezing could fall to around
freezing across extreme northwest Georgia later today... and
will continue to fall tonight.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of sleet and or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while