Freeze Warning, Wind Advisory, Winter Weather Advisory
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
Statement as of 4:18 am EDT on November 1, 2014
... Freeze warning remains in effect until 11 am EDT this
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM EDT this evening...
... Freeze warning in effect from midnight EDT tonight to 9 am EST
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
freeze warning... which remains in effect until 11 am this morning.
Also... a freeze warning has been issued from midnight tonight to
9 am Sunday. A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM this evening.
* Locations... parts of north Georgia... along and north of a line
from Summerville to Jasper to Cleveland.
* Timing... a freezing warning for this morning... and also for late
tonight and early Sunday morning. A Wind Advisory for today
into this evening.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s to lower 30s this morning... and
in the mid to upper 20s late tonight.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Impacts... freezing temperatures could damage or kill
vegetation. Strong winds could cause driving difficulties and
perhaps bring down a few trees... especially at the higher
elevations. Loose or unsecured items may be blown around.
A freeze warning means freezing temperatures are forecast to
threaten outdoor plants. Those with agricultural interests
in the warned area are advised to harvest or protect tender
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
20 mph... or gusts to 35 mph or stronger are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
404 am EDT Sat Nov 1 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon EDT
* locations... portions of north Georgia... generally along and
north of a line from Chatsworth to Jasper to Cleveland.
* Hazard types... light snow.
* Accumulations... one half to 1 inch of snow for most of the
advisory area. Around 2 inches of snow will be possible at the
highest elevations of the northeast Georgia mountains...
generally above 2500 ft.
* Timing... through noon today.
* Impacts... light accumulations of snow may make driving
difficult especially on bridges and overpasses.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts 35 to 40 mph. Wind
chill index values will drop to 15 to 25 degrees this morning.
* Temperatures... in the 30s... except upper 20s in the higher
elevations early this morning. Temperatures will rise above
freezing by late this morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while