Winter Weather Advisory, Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch, Freeze Warning
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on November 01, 2014
Statement as of 3:32 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to
noon EDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
Winter Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from
midnight tonight to noon EDT Saturday.
* Locations... portions of north Georgia... generally along and
north of a line from Chatsworth to Jasper to Cleveland.
* Hazard types... snow.
* Accumulations... one half to 1 inch of snow for most of the
advisory area. Around 2 inches of snow will be possible at the
highest elevations of the northeast Georgia mountains...
generally above 2500 ft.
* Timing... midnight tonight through noon Saturday.
* Impacts... light accumulations of snow may make driving difficult
especially on bridges and overpasses.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. These
winds will result in wind chill values in the upper teens to
lower 20s Saturday morning.
* Temperatures... dropping into the lower 30s by Saturday morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
332 PM EDT Fri Oct 31 2014
... Freeze warning remains in effect from 2 am to 11 am EDT
... Wind Advisory in effect from 7 am to 9 PM EDT Saturday...
... Freeze watch in effect from late Saturday night through Sunday
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 7 am to 9 PM EDT Saturday. A
freeze watch has also been issued and is in effect from late
Saturday night through Sunday morning.
* Locations... parts of north Georgia... along and north of a line
from Summerville to Jasper to Cleveland.
* Temperatures... lows tonight in the lower to mid 30s. Highs
Saturday in the mid to upper 40s... except lower 40s in the
higher elevations. Lows Saturday night in the upper 20s
* winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Stronger
winds will be possible in the highest elevations. These winds
will result in wind chill values in the upper teens to lower 20s
* Timing... freeze warning late tonight through Saturday morning.
Wind Advisory all day Saturday. Freeze watch late Saturday night
through Sunday morning.
* Impacts... freezing temperatures tonight and Saturday night could
damage or kill vegetation. Strong winds could cause driving
difficulties and perhaps bring down a few trees... especially at
the higher elevations. Loose or unsecured items may be blown
A freeze warning means freezing temperatures are forecast to
threaten outdoor plants. Those with agricultural interests in the
warned area are advised to harvest or protect tender vegetation.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
20 mph... or gusts to 35 mph or stronger are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
A freeze watch means conditions are favorable for a freeze event
in and close to the watch area. Those with
agricultural interests in the watch area should make
preparations to protect sensitive vegetation and Young trees.