Winter Weather Advisory
Expires 6:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
Statement as of 2:09 PM EST on March 4, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 am to 6 PM EST
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
Winter Weather Advisory for a mix of sleet and freezing rain...
which is in effect from 6 am to 6 PM EST Thursday.
* Locations... portions of northwest Georgia... north and west of
a line from Rome to Ellijay.
* Hazard types... a mix of sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... up to a quarter of an inch of sleet... and up to
a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Timing... 6 am to 6 PM Thursday.
* Impacts... sleet and ice accumulations on roadways and especially
elevated surfaces may result in hazardous travel conditions.
Light accumulations of ice in trees may cause some limbs to fall
and could result in isolated power outages. Additionally... black
ice could be a concern across the advisory area Thursday night
into Friday morning.
* Temperatures... temperatures will be just above freezing across
extreme northwest Georgia around sunrise Thursday... and
temperatures will fall through the day.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of sleet and or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while