Freezing Rain Advisory
Expires 7:00 AM EST on March 01, 2015
Statement as of 2:48 PM EST on February 28, 2015
... Freezing Rain Advisory remains in effect from 10 PM this
evening to 7 am EST Sunday...
* locations... mainly the valleys of northeast Georgia.
* Hazard types... freezing rain and freezing drizzle.
* Accumulations... generally a light glaze and less than a tenth
of an inch.
* Timing... late tonight into Sunday morning
* impacts... ice accumulation on roadways and especially elevated
surfaces will make for hazardous travel conditions. Also any
residual accumulations of snow on trees will be further
stressed by these light ice accumulations.
* Temperatures... lower 30s.
A Freezing Rain Advisory means that periods of freezing rain or
freezing drizzle will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads. Slow down and use caution while driving.