Coastal Flood Advisory
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on May 07, 2016
Statement as of 6:04 am EDT on May 6, 2016
... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect from 10 PM this
evening to 2 am EDT Saturday...
* location... the tidal Delaware River downstream from the
Commodore Barry bridge area and the extreme upper part of
* Coastal flooding... minor flooding is anticipated around the
time of tonight's high tide.
* Timing... high tide works its way up along New Castle County in
Delaware and Salem County in New Jersey between about 1100 PM
and 1 am.
* Surge... around 1.0 foot above the astronomical tide.
* Impacts... localized roadway flooding is anticipated. Some
roads may be closed due to high water.
* Outlook... minor tidal flooding is again possible around the
time of high tide Saturday night.
A coastal Flood Advisory means that minor tidal flooding is
expected. Minor tidal flooding often results in some Road
closures. Usually... the most vulnerable roadways will flood.
Do not leave your vehicle at a location that is prone to tidal
flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flood waters. The
water may be deeper than you think it is. You will be putting
yourself in danger and your vehicle may be damaged... leading to
For a list of the impact of different tide heights in your County
please go to www.Weather.Gov/phi/tides