Winter Storm Warning
Expires 1:00 AM EST on March 05, 2015
Statement as of 1:27 PM CST on March 3, 2015
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from noon Wednesday to midnight
CST Wednesday night...
The National Weather Service in Tulsa has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for snow... sleet and freezing rain... which is in effect
from noon Wednesday to midnight CST Wednesday night...
For the following counties...
* in Arkansas... Crawford... Sebastian and Franklin.
* This replaces the Winter Storm Watch that was in effect.
* rain is expected to expand northeastward across eastern
Oklahoma and northwest Arkansas tonight and into tomorrow. The
rain will transition to freezing rain... sleet... and finally
snow during Wednesday afternoon and evening... as cold air
moves into the region behind a cold front. Wintry precipitation
will persist into Wednesday night before tapering off from
northwest to southeast.
* 2 to 4 inches of snow and sleet accumulation and a quarter inch
or less of ice accumulation is expected from noon Wednesday to
midnight CST Wednesday night. Higher terrain areas should see
the greatest accumulations and impacts from the wintry
* travel will become very hazardous or impossible. Power outages
are possible in some areas.
* a Winter Storm Warning means significant winter weather is
expected or is occurring. Gusty winds are also possible.
* delay travel and stay home if possible until conditions improve.
* Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... commercial radio or
television for the latest information concerning this weather
event. Additional weather information can also be found at: