Winter Weather Advisory
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on March 12, 2014
Statement as of 3:18 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 8 am to 8 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from 8 am to 8 PM EDT
* Hazard types... snow.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches is
expected... with some sleet mixing in early Wednesday morning.
* Timing... rain is expected to turn to snow early Wednesday
morning... with some sleet mixing in. Moderate to occasionally
heavy snow will be possible through early Wednesday afternoon.
Snow will gradually taper off through Wednesday evening. Some
blowing snow will be possible Wednesday morning and afternoon.
* Impacts... travel difficulties are expected due to reduced
visibilities and snow accumulations.
* Winds... north winds of 15 to 25 mph are expected... with gusts up
to 35 mph.
* Temperatures... temperatures are expected to fall from around 40
degrees early Wednesday morning to around 15 degrees by
Wednesday early evening.
Remember... a Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods
of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for
snow covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution
while driving. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite
source of information for the latest updates. Additional details
can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/iln as well as on our
facebook and twitter pages.