Winter Storm Warning
Expires 7:00 AM EST on November 27, 2014
Statement as of 3:49 am EST on November 26, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
7 am EST Thursday...
The National Weather Service in gray has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to 7 am EST Thursday. The Winter Weather Advisory is no
longer in effect.
* Hazard types... snow.
* Accumulations... 6 to 10 inches of snow.
* Timing... snow will begin Wednesday afternoon across the
northern mountains. It may become heavier for a time Wednesday
evening... before tapering off early Thursday.
* Impacts... snow will cause slippery Road conditions on a very
busy travel day. If travel is necessary... allow for extra time
and plenty of stopping distance between vehicles.
* Winds... north 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.