Expires 2:00 AM EDT on May 25, 2013
Statement as of 8:03 am EDT on May 24, 2013
The Flood Warning continues for
the Still River at Brookfield.
* Until further notice.
* At 7 am Friday the stage was 12.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 12 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to continue rising to near 13.2 feet by 11 PM
Friday... then begin falling.
* Impact... at 14 feet... the river begins to flood roads and parking
Fld observed forecast
2 PM 8 PM 2 am 8 am 2 PM
location stg stg day time Fri Fri Sat Sat Sat
Brookfield 12.0 12.1 Fri 08 am 12.8 13.1 13.2 13.0 12.7
955 PM EDT Thu may 23 2013
The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Housatonic River at Stevenson dam.
* From this evening until late Friday night.
* At 9 PM Thursday the stage was... 10.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river is forecast to reach flood stage by 10 PM
Thursday and forecast to continue to rise to near 11.6 feet around
2 am Friday. The river is forecast to fall below flood stage after
8 PM Friday.
* Impact... at 11.5 feet... water reaches The Maples area of Shelton.
Fld observed forecast
2 am 8 am 2 PM 8 PM 2 am
location stg stg day time Fri Fri Fri Fri Sat
Stevenson da 11.0 10.7 Thu 09 PM 11.6 11.6 11.6 11.0 10.5
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:10 am EDT on May 24, 2013
... Safe boating week is may 18-24 2013...
The National Weather Service and the National safe boating Council
will partner for National safe boating week may 18-24. This week
will highlight relevant weather and safety specific public service
announcements for the recreational boating public.
Today/S topic is boating under the influence.
The effects of alcohol can be even more hazardous on the water than
on land. Boating under the influence affects judgment... vision...
balance and coordination. These impairments can increase the risk of
being involved in a boating accident... for both passengers and boat
operators. Alcohol is a contributing factor in about a third of all
recreational boating fatalities.
It is illegal to operate any boat or watercraft while under the
influence of alcohol or drugs.
For more information on hazardous weather and boating safety... visit
the following websites...
Publication information statements are online at