High Wind Warning
Expires 4:00 PM PST on February 08, 2016
Statement as of 9:00 PM PST on February 7, 2016
... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 4 PM PST Monday...
* winds... east to northeast 30 to 40 mph with gusts 55 to 65
mph. Locally higher gusts will be possible.
* Timing... winds increasing through this evening... peaking early
Monday morning... then weakening into Tuesday.
* Location... along the coastal mountain slopes and foothills and
below favored passes and canyons.
* Visibility... locally reduced in blowing dust.
* Impacts... strong cross winds will be a potential hazard for
high profile vehicles. Broken tree limbs and other unsecured
yard and construction site debris may be blown about and
impede traffic on roadways.
* Outlook... winds will weaken below high wind criteria late
Monday afternoon... however advisory strength winds may
continue in some areas through Tuesday morning.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.