Winter Weather Advisory
Expires 4:00 AM PST on March 02, 2015
Statement as of 1:11 PM PST on March 1, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 am PST
* locations... the mountains of Ventura and Los Angeles counties
excluding the Santa Monica range.
* Hazard types... snow... blowing snow... poor visibilities...
isolated thunderstorms with small hail.
* Accumulations... snowfall totals of 8 to 12 inches are expected
above 6500 feet... with 4 to 8 inches between 5000 and 6500
feet... and 2 to 5 inches between 4000 and 5000 feet. Local
accumulations of 1 to 2 inches are possible at elevations as low
as 3500 feet. Local snow accumulations up to 18 inches are
possible in the San Gabriel Mountains and on the higher peaks of
northern Ventura County.
* Timing and snow levels... showers will continue through tonight
before tapering off to scattered showers late. Snow levels
will be between 3500 and 4000 feet.
* Impacts... snow will likely affect travel on the higher
mountain passes... including major routes such as Interstate 5
near the Grapevine... State Route 2 in Los Angeles County... and
Highway 33 in Ventura County. Chains may become a requirement
Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities... and
use caution while driving. Check the latest Road reports before
departing. Keep an emergency kit in your vehicle which includes a
flashlight... food and water... extra clothes and blankets... and